Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Peacock



My sister and I went to Taipan about 2 months ago. As we strolled around her daughter, Emily, pointed out this ugly peacock. Karen showed it to me and we both had the same idea! We would give this poor ugly creature to our parents for an anniversary gift! Apparently, my parents received a very ugly gold "statue" of a peacock for a wedding gift. We had it on our piano growing up. I think it finally got given to DI or thrown away. So I bought the bird, it was on clearance but was still $6! Can you believe it? Who would pay $6 for that? We would! Anyway, we gave them the gift last night and we all had a huge laugh. Then we joked how it could get passed along to everyone on their birthdays! I have a feeling this won't be the last time we will see this tragic thing.

1 comment:

Sherpa Boy said...

Bahaha...this made me laugh!