
(These are not my kids nor my cart. This is just for an example of the "Suburban" cart)
Why is it that every cart at the grocery store has broken straps? The same goes for restaraunt high chairs. Does the management care about the safety of the children who sit in the carts? Does the management care for the sanity of the parent?
I was at Target today after being at a doctor's appt for Nick and Cody for an hour and a half. So Nick was already tired and cranky. I got to the store and got one of those huge "suburban big" shopping carts with the extra 2 seats at the back (kind of like the one in the above picture). I placed Cody in his carseat up where the single seat is and Nick on one of the 2 chairs and of course, Kyle HAD to sit there too. I look and both straps are broken. One has one shoulder harness and hald a clip. So I used what was available. 2 minutes later, Nick was out and about walking around, getting into things, etc. I kept putting him back on his seat and it was getting uglier and uglier. Kyle was not helping the situation by bugging Nick. I had a huge shopping trip so I couldn't out him in the basket. I went down the Easter aisle and gave him an Easter truck to play with but that didn't work. I picked up a box of fruit snacks and opened it to give him some. Kyle thought we were stealing it but I assured him that I would pay for it. After those were all gone (about 2 mins later) he was back at coming off and then he found tht he could push it while I was looking at things to buy with my back turned. It was bad. Finally about 45 mins into my trip, I broke down. I literally broke into tears. People were walking pass me with expressions like "What's YOUR problem?" I called Ty for reinforement. He luckily works 3 mins away and he would come right over. I just sat on the huge red plastic seat thing and had tears running down my cheek in the middle of aisle 5, the snack/juice aisle, all the while Nick was getting all the huge juice bottles off of the shelves. I just shut down. I just sat and waited. Finally Ty showed up and took all 3 kids off of my hands. I did the rest of my shopping with relief.
Going back to my first point, if the cart had straps that weren't broken, I would have strapped him in and let him scream his head off. It would have driven me a little bonkers but I would not have had a break down.
Uhhhh, it's hard! I try not to go out becasue I din't want this to happen! But I NEED to get out, you know?! BTW, I had like $20 in coupons that I used! Yay! It feels good to save money.
No comments:
Post a Comment