Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sleep? What Sleep?

So, remember when I would say that Cody is such a good sleeper? He used to sleep all the time and fall asleep on his own. Well, not anymore! For the past month or so he has been waking atleast 7 times a night. I would go in his room, pop the binky back in his mouth and he would turn over and go back to sleep. Last night has been the worse! Before it was even 1am I had gotten out of bed 7 times. After that he woke up atleast once every hour, sometimes twice. I am so sleep deprived that I can't function. I feel so bad for Kyle because I usually just lay on the couch and sleep while Nick and Cody take a nap. So Kyle just watches tv or plays XBox. I'm horrible, I know. But I seriously can't function. The house is a total mess and I can't think straight. The doctor says that we should wait until 6 months for him to "cry it out." He's almost 5 months now. So one more month. I always said the first 6 months is the hardest. This is truly testing me and my patience!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Deb, there is a book called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby. You've gotta take a look, they are some great tips in there that help infants sleep better! Hang in there :o)

Anonymous said...

That's when you throw a pillow at Ty and let him have a turn!!!