My Visiting Teacher (who happens to be my friend, too!) suggested we do a quilting class together. I have never quilted and have always wanted to. So she said she would look into it. We saw each other at a soccer game last week and she told me about this Club that you sign up for. You go in to the store pay $20 and get fabric that's already cut for you and you just follow the directions on where to sew. Then you take your finished square back every 2nd Saturday of the month and get the next squares fabric FREE!!! This goes on for a year. So by the end, you have 12 12x12 fabric squares!!! So neat! So I was really nervous to cut and sew my first square. I am a begginner sewer so my skills are not the best. After more then a few visits with the seam ripper, and some careful slow sewing, I did it! I accomplished something! Yay for me! Here it is...
I will update my posts on my progress of this wonderful quilting journey!
2 comments:
What a FUN idea!! Where did you sign up for this?? I like that you can have all month to get the square done, sounds crazy, but it really would take me a month to do! :) Do you get to choose the colors?
Yes, do dish the details! Where do you go, can you pick the colors, etc. It would be really fun to do this with you! I haven't ever quilted either, but would love to try. We could even set up one night a month to work on it! SO FUN!
Post a Comment