Monday, September 14, 2009

Remembering Grandma

Yesturday was the 7th anniversary of my Grandma Luker's passing. To mark the occasion, we all headed up to the Salt Lake Cemetery to think of her and share stories. My Grandpa, who is 95 years old, was able to make it. It was so sad to how frail and weak he has gotten. It rained a lot and Ty got out our huge umbrella that you can stake into the ground for shade. It was huge and got a lot of comments! I felt the Spirit so strongly while we were there. There were stories of the days before she passed and her experience she was going through. It was so special. And how she still had hewr sense of humor! She said, "Uh oh, it's getting hot in here. I must be going the wrong way!" I feel so bad that I wasn't able to see her those last days. I feel I know her better now though. As we were there, we noticed a eautiful double rainbow. My Grandpa loved to paint so we feel she painted them for us to know she was there. It was a very nice Spiritual experience for me. My sister and I cried our eyes out and hugged. It was very touching. My Grandpa sitting. My anut and uncle behind him. My dad is on the left.
Cousins, Aunts, Uncles...
The group. There are A LOT more Lukers but I guess they couldn't all make it. You can see our huge umbrella in the very back. It's the huge blue one!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I hadn't heard that story about Grandma! That is hillarious! I got there just as everyone had left- bummer! It was hard to see Grandpa looking so frail when just 2 weeks ago he was so chipper and alert. Maybe I'm glad I missed it since I would have been totally crying!

*Ashleigh* said...

What a great tradition! I so want to be like your grandma when I get old! I was crackin' up! She sounds like a wonderful lady.