Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Something so Sweet


A new baby is the sweetest thing ever on earth. They're so fresh from heaven and are a part of you. But they are a lot of hard work. Cody is a good baby but it's still hard to be in that "newborn phase." I can't go anywhere, I tried to go grocery shopping the other day but the cart was filled up with his carseat so I had no room for groceries. So it didn't turn out well. I keep reminding myself that I did this before, Shawn and Kyle are 16 months apart, Nick and Cody are 15 months apart. But it's harder with two older kids. I have to keep tabs on them while I chase Nick around because he some how got his hands on my phone while feeding Cody. I get so overwhelmed! It seems I never get any me time. I try to cherish every last moment with Cody since he'll be my last baby but at the same time you want him to get bigger so it gets easier! Someday it will be easier, he'll sleep through the night, he'll feed himself. And when those days come, I would have probably forgotten how hard life was for a bit.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You really have an adorable family I love how sweet of a spirit a new baby brings to your home.