Maggie has always been a stubborn dog. Looking for food all the time. The first thing she did everytime she got out of her room was run to the kitchen to see what human treat was there for her. Well, yesturday it got the best of her. She got a hold of an apple slice. I tried to get it out of her mouth but she growled and snapped at me. I finally got half of it but she still had the other half. I thought she'd be ok since she's eaten stuff like that before. Well, a few minutes later I saw her hobbling into her room heaving and gagging. She was choking in the apple. I panicked and tried to get it out. I took her over to our neighbors for help and I put her down on the sidewalk an dhe just fell over still gagging. They tried but she was gone. She died right in front of me. It is the most emotional thing I ahve gone through. I cried and screamed. My neighbor, Christy, comforted me and hugged me. She was with me until Ty got home. I explained to the boys what had happened and they were sad. Shawn told me he and his friends had said a little prayer for Maggie. I sobbed all night and couldn't sleep. It just kept replaying in my mind. I know she was a pet and we're blessed it wasn't on eof our kids but we had had her for over 6 1/2 years. She was really another member of the family. It just all happened so fast. It's scary. I miss her so much and love her so much. She was such a good dog. I'm going to post some pics of her along with some memories. Thank you to all those who have emailed with their thoughts and prayers. They have helped out alot. We will bury her in our backyard tonight. I wrote a little song for her. Maybe I'll post it another time.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Maggie Dog Parkin
Maggie has always been a stubborn dog. Looking for food all the time. The first thing she did everytime she got out of her room was run to the kitchen to see what human treat was there for her. Well, yesturday it got the best of her. She got a hold of an apple slice. I tried to get it out of her mouth but she growled and snapped at me. I finally got half of it but she still had the other half. I thought she'd be ok since she's eaten stuff like that before. Well, a few minutes later I saw her hobbling into her room heaving and gagging. She was choking in the apple. I panicked and tried to get it out. I took her over to our neighbors for help and I put her down on the sidewalk an dhe just fell over still gagging. They tried but she was gone. She died right in front of me. It is the most emotional thing I ahve gone through. I cried and screamed. My neighbor, Christy, comforted me and hugged me. She was with me until Ty got home. I explained to the boys what had happened and they were sad. Shawn told me he and his friends had said a little prayer for Maggie. I sobbed all night and couldn't sleep. It just kept replaying in my mind. I know she was a pet and we're blessed it wasn't on eof our kids but we had had her for over 6 1/2 years. She was really another member of the family. It just all happened so fast. It's scary. I miss her so much and love her so much. She was such a good dog. I'm going to post some pics of her along with some memories. Thank you to all those who have emailed with their thoughts and prayers. They have helped out alot. We will bury her in our backyard tonight. I wrote a little song for her. Maybe I'll post it another time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so sorry! Maggie was a super cute dog. I remember her being very tolerant of Shawn and Lindsy when they were babies. I'm glad that you were able to have her and love her her whole life.
Post a Comment