Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Life with 4 kids

Life's been hectic (what's new?!). We are leaving this Saturday to go to a family reunion up in McCall, Idaho. So I've been running around the house packing for 6 people. I'm trying not to pack too much but with a newborn and lots of kids, it's hard NOT to! Hopefully the reunion will be relaxing and not stressful!
I tried to go shopping by myself again yesturday. Again, it was not a fun experience. I went to Target and decided to get one of those huge oversized carts that have the 2 seats in front hooked onto the cart. I put Nick i one of the seats and Cody in the basket. Nick did not like it. Every time I would stop he would stand up adn try to get out. So he was crying the whole time. The boys were running around everywhere and Cody was crying by the time we left. Not to mention that the cart was so hard to push around. I kept running into things and knocking stuff over. Anyone at the store who saw me probably was happy they weren;t me!
I've been struggling with post partum depression. It has been so hard. I get so overwhelmed and I just sit in the bathroom and cry. I tell myself over and over again that I can't do this. And I think what did I get myself into?! It's hard when you have two boys who are bored and want to go out to a park and I know that we can't go, I wouldn;t be able to handle it. And then there's Nick who just wants to play with me but I can't because I need to be with Cody. And on top of all that I am so tired and exhausted. And then there's the laundry, dishes, making dinner, etc. I had a particularly bad day last week. I prayed so hard to find relief and get help. I called my sister and asked her if she could come take the boys to the park. She said she would in the afternoon (it was about 9am when I called). That seemed forever away! I prayed again for strength and comfort. My prayers were answered. About an hour later, I got a package from FedEx with the Cricut Deluxe that I ordered (it's a scrapbook thing). So that got me excited and gave me something to do. A few minutes later my sister called and said she could come over right then to take the boys out. Ah, relief! Then the next day, my mother in law, Kris, called and said she would come over and watch all the kids so I could go out by myself for a couple of hours. Ah, so nice! I was able to go grocery shopping and go to Ben Franklin. It was so so nice. So I know that prayers get answered. It is just so amazing to actually see how Heavenly Father lifts your burdens. It is still a struggle for me everyday but I am able to cope some how... most days!

3 comments:

Jim & Jess said...

Deb, I'm sorry we are like the worst friends ever!!! :( I've been trying to get Jim to schedule a time with Ty that we can come over, and he finally told me today Ty said "whenever". So, can we bring you guys dinner tonight? Will you be around? We've been meaning to get over there the last month, life has just been crazy! Let me know, would ya?

ADORABLE blog, by the way! Can't wait to meet the new little guy! :)

Love, Jess

Abong said...

wow deb. i still cannot believe that you are four boys! that is just insanity! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey hey, Don't worry it will get better. I had it too with Carlee. Somedays it feels like it can't get any worse. But keep your chin up. You CAN do this!!! Your the best mom ever. Love ya, Megan