Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines?......I think NOT!

I LOVE Valentines Day. I love the pink and red hearts. I love the school parties. Remember when you got to make your own Valentine box to take to school? I loved that! Well, Valentines Day is not too happy for me anymore. I get upset and am moody on that day, ever since I got married.
---
 My husband does not like to celebrate Valentines Day or any thing else for that matter. So I just tell myself not to expect anything. But I'm still bummed. So I have to do things myself to celebrate it. This year I went out and bought myself some big fat eclairs from Parson's bakery. Yum! Then I got a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's since I knew we weren't going out. I went to Shawn's class party and did a craft. 
---
Dinner I got the floating candles out and sparkling cider. It was so romantic despite the fact that we were eating pizza on paper plates!
---
I put the kids to bed while Ty was away at his 2 basketball games he played in. Then the highlight of my night... The Bachelor! I watched The Bachelor while I ate an eclair. It was great.
 ---
So if your husband does all the romantic stuff like bring you roses, box of chocolates, balloons, takes you out to dinner, then please don't tell me about it. It just makes me more depressed.
But good for you, you're lucky.
---
The next disappointing day is in a couple of weeks....my birthday.



5 comments:

*Ashleigh* said...

at least you get to go on cruises and stuff!! We haven't been on any vacations since the kids. My honey doesn't have a romantic bone in his body!!! I feel for you!! It's a good thing they have amazing women like us to love them anyway!! Next year you can be my valentine ;D LOL!

Erin said...

I hear ya, sista! Glad you made it good anyway. I decided to do candlelight dinners every year for my two guys- that way I don't expect anything. I still have fun! And nothing beats an eclaire!

Anonymous said...

I will remember to send you a valentine in the mail next year :) luv ya!

brenda said...

No Valentines for me either. I did chocolate covered strawberries with my boys. It was still fun but not the best holiday ever.

Anonymous said...

i agree with ash, at least he takes you on cruises! :) my hubby is the same way, i never get surprises for vday or any other event.
maybe next year a bunch of us girls should get together and go out and leave the boys at home with the kids!