Today was an awesome/special day. It was Fast Sunday today. When it was time to bear testimonies Shawn said he wanted to. I didn't think he was really serious. But he proceeded to practice saying what he wanted to say. Then Kyle said he wanted to also. So after a bit of practice they both went up to the mic! They stood to the side while the person already there finished theirs. I started crying. To see my 2 older boys up there just made me so proud and happy. They were so big and handsome! Shawn said his. He said how if we read the scriptures, our prayers will get answered. And then he walked off. He didn't say Amen or anything! Then it was Kyles turn. This boy is usually shy and scared. He showed none of that. He said how he knew his family loved him. He said Amen. I was balling! Luckily I had tissues! Then I got that feeling. You know that feeling. I had to go up. So I went up. I expressed how I never thought the day would come where my boys would get up to share their testimony. And how grateful I am for the past few months as we have gotten closer to the Savior. And I continued with how prayers do get answered, you just have to keep faith that He is listening. When I sat back down Shawn handed me another tissue! It was a very precious moment. And you know what...Ty wasn'\t even there to see it! I feel bad! He was at home recovering from a recent surgery. When I went to Sunday School and RS, several people came up to me and siad they started to cry too as we all bore our testimonies. That made me so happy to know that there are others who are excited for us and supporting us on our journey.
3 comments:
I am proud of you and your cute family!
That is so sweet! I am so happy for your family!!!!!
That's really awesome!!
Post a Comment